Tuesday, December 7, 2010

From the Depths of the Pop Culture Sea Arises he.

Welcome everyone to my new blog: Poprock Cthulu. Unlike my previous and failed blogs I will actually try to actively post my various thoughts onto here. Now you may have some questions about this site, so let me answer them as best I can.

1) What is the purpose of this blog?

My purpose here is to write my philosophical ponderings on the nature of pop culture as I battle for its continued preservation. I will attempt to publish an essay on my thoughts on pop culture as often as possible and also include some video productions some time in the near future.

2) Why choose the name Poprock Cthulu?

Basically, I was inspired by a good friend and colleague of mine, Cody Walker, who created a similar site "Popgun Chaos" which you can find here: Popgun Chaos!

Using similar naming structure to his site I created my blog. It is more a homage to a good friend of mine so I can help express the importance of pop culture.

3) What will you cover?

Everything. If it is dorky I will probably write about it at some point. I have a few essays already in mind. I may also sometimes put up a few of my personal short stories for you guys to enjoy. So, this may also act as a venue for my other, non pop culture writings, at some point. We shall see.

4) Is this site made just because of this popgun site?

No. Cody inspired me to make the site in this fashion, yes, but I am actually making this site because of the support I have of two of the most important people in my life. My brohams, Lucky and Amy. Ever since they have come into my life I have become a whole new person and think of them like family. I would not be the man I am today without them. This site is dedicated to them as much as it is about my nerdy self indulgences.

Also, please check out Lucky's own blog here: http://egregiousevents.blogspot.com/

It is a look inside the head of one of the most unique and wonderful people I will ever have the pleasure of knowing. Oopy Doopy mo fo.


Well here is to a great start to my new blog: Poprock Cthulu!

1 comment: